Thursday, February 6, 2014

Step by Step... Ooooo baby!

Hi Everyone! 

I hope you enjoyed my post yesterday! It was nice to be welcomed back :) today I decided to post a Step by Step tutorial of how I made the Sequin Card. If you want to join the Valentine's Day Wacky Wednesday Challenge you can CLICK HERE.

Here is the Step by Step Tutorial:

Step 1: 
Cut your top layer. I used my gypsy to design it. I made two different ones.


Step 2:
Trim your cardstock to make an A2 sized card (4.25 x 5.5). If you are starting with an 8.5 x 11 piece of cardstock like I did you are basically cutting it in half. In my case I am cutting it the long way.

Step 3 - Score your cardstock at 5.5 inches

Step 4 - fold your card base in half

Step 5 - trace your hearts from your top layer onto your card base using a pencil. 

Step 6 - lift top layer and start placing sequins using the Scotch Quick Dry.  You want to make sure that the sequins overlap the pencil mark. The glue will dry clear. 

Step 7 - stamp your sentiment on the top layer

Step 8 - add foam tape around the edge on the back of your top layer.

Step 9 - peel off backing on foam tape and add to the base of the card.

Here is the finished product!

Supplies:
Pink By Design - Capture Life Stamp Set
Pencil
Paper Trimmer
Graphically Speaking - Cricut Cartridge
Calligraphy Collection - Cricut Cartridge
Paper Trey Ink - Poppy Cardstock
Paper Trey Ink - White Cardstock
Art Minds - Red Sequins
Scotch - Quick Drying Tacky Glue


Happy Crafting! 

2 comments: