Monday, January 17, 2011

Cricut Cartridge Chaos Challenge #2 - Mini Monsters!


Hi Everyone,

Welcome to Week #2 of the CCCC (Cricut Cartridge Chaos Challenge). Last week Meriah at Two Scraptastic Gals hosted the Cricut Cartridge Chaos Challenge #1 - Graphically Speaking. We will be alternating weeks. This week the Poll and the Mr. Linky will be here. Now on to the Winner from the first CCCC! This person will have an entry into the Cartridge Giveaway at the end of the Month!

Random.org selected #4 The Winner is:


Rosemary you have now won an entry into the Cartridge giveaway on February 7th. The cartridge for January Challenges will be Summer in Paris!


Now on to this week's Cricut Cartridge Chaos Challenge. The Cartridge was picked by our followers... The Cartridge is Mini Monsters! Here are Mine and Meriah's Projects:

Meriah went with this UBER CUTE Shape Card:
Recipe for the Card:
Scrappy Moms Stamps - The Charmed Life Stamp Set
Recollections - Kraft Cardstock
Recollections - Colored Cardstock
K&Company KP Valentines Stack
Martha Stewart - Baker's Twine
Gelly Rollz - White Gel Pen
American Crafts - Black Pen
Birthday Bash Cricut Cartridge
Mini Monsters Cricut Cartridge
Cricut Imagine Stock Images - Heart


I went with a Scrapbooking Layout with a Valentine's Day Theme:
Recipe for this Layout:
Pink by Design - Be Mine Stamp Set
Mini Monsters Cricut Cartridge
Martha Stewart Looped Heart Punch around the page
Martha Stewart Heart Punch
DCWV - Street Lace Stack
DCWV - Cardstock from Street Lace & Flower Shower
Versamark - Watermark Ink Pad
Momento Ink - Tuxedo Black
Colorbox - Cat Eye in Charcol
a la mode - Black embossing Powder
Gold, Pink & Red Glitter from Michael's Craft Section...

If you didnt tune in last week here is how this will work. Meriah and I will alternate weeks posting the challenge. Last week Meriah posted the Challenge and this weeks its me. There will always be a poll up on the right hand side where you can vote for the cartridge that you would like us to use next week. The Challenge will run from Monday - Sunday. On Monday's along with our winner we will post the New Projects! I hope you will Join us!

Here are the rules:
1. You must be a follower
2. You must link it to Mr. Linky (if you have a problem feel free to email me I will help you link it)
3. If you don't have a Blog just email me your project at morethanfavors@gmail.com and I will link it for you
4. Leave a Comment
5. Deadline for this Challenge is 11:59pm PST Sunday January 23rd (giving the West Coast a chance to get there entries in as well)
6. If you do not have the challenge cartridge, you may make something with a similar cartridge.
7. Most importantly HAVE FUN!!!

Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Easy-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
For best results, use HTML mode to edit this section of the post.

Happy Crafting!

32 comments:

  1. This cartridge is pretty cute. Love the card and the layout. Thanks ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool challenge, I don't have this cart but maybe next week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. adorable! I love the layout haha so funny. I don't have this cartridge but I have something similiar. Cant wait to play!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like both items, very nice. I do have a question about the scallop card, is this card on one of the carts or did you weld it. Just curios. Thanks Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  5. great challenge.. it was pretty hard to come up with something that wasnt halloween themed with this skull. thanks for the challenge.
    -jamie
    babyblueangel_30@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. very cute, love how you guys are using Mini Monsters for Vday :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both of your projects are adorable! Just posted mine!
    Jennifer H

    ReplyDelete
  8. I nominated you for an award. Come by my blog and check it out!

    Tisha
    http://tishascraftcove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Paula!!! That layout is ADORABLE!!!!!!! Love how you used MINI MONSTERS for Valentines!!! and you are just killing me with that MS heart PUNCH...I want it =)

    hugs,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love what you have done with the little monsters. Thanks for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are great! I am going to attempt to do this challenge too.

    Patti
    bbitster@windstream.net

    ReplyDelete
  12. Woohoo, first "Cricut Cartridge Chaos Challenge" entry for me! Super excited to see all the great projects :)

    Ashley "Scrappin' Pink Piglet"
    scrappinpinkpiglet(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think this is the first time I've used this cart, so thanks for this challenge. Your projects are super cute,can't wait to see what everyone else makes.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for this idea. It was fun to create the card and use the cartridge, my first time using the cartridge

    ReplyDelete
  15. love the projects you did for inspiration. cant wait to give it a try. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really cute projects!!! This is my first time at this challenge and look forward to many more! I'm pretty new to Cricut and loving it!!! Thanks!
    hugs,
    joni

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you soooooo much for getting me to use this cartridge for something besides Halloween!! :)

    I hope you {heart} my fun Valentine made just for my mummy... :)

    I'm enjoying seeing what everyone else is making... Hope you get to stop by and see mine. :)

    Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com
    scrapbookingwithamy (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fun challenge. Love your card as well.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I FINALLY got mine done and linked!! Yay!! I am soo glad you threw this challenge out there as I wouldn't have tried this cart for anything BUT Halloween!! I'm soo glad I played and now I'm ready to use it for anything!!!

    Hugs,
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this---my monster is for Valentine's Day too.Thanks for doing this challenge.
    Anita

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lots of fun on this project!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. The card and layout is really cute. One of my goals is to start branching out and really using the cartridges to their full potential! Thanks for the Challenge, it was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a really cute project. I don't have this cartridge but it will be going on my must get list.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Horray! I don't own MM myself so I used my new Best of Pixar cartridge to make some other monsters!

    Thanks for the inpiration and fun!

    Melissa
    www.disneydreamerdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks for the challenge!! I had a great time and just linked up my project.

    Thanks again,
    Cheryl @ CardsbyCG.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. I just got the MM cartridge yesterday, and I'm so glad I get to enter this challenge! I love the projects you guys made! :o) Thanks for sharing!

    Lisa
    prettypaperprettyribbons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is my First Challenge, and I'm so excited to see all the different entries :) Good Luck to Everyone!

    www.CreatingACraftyLife.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thanks for this challenge, I love the Mini Monsters Cartridge! It is great to see all the cute ideas.

    Marla

    http://craftini-time.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. I really had fun with this challenge. Thank You!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I Googled Cricut Valentine layouts this morning and found your Love Shack. Love that! Great layout! :) Janis

    ReplyDelete