Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Wacky Wednesday #6 - Sports Theme!

Hi Everyone!

Some of you may see a difference in my blog design. it has been changed and I am happy with it just waiting on some minor tweeking... If you click on the links on the nav bar they don't work. But they will be by the end of the week!! WOOHOO!! Now onto the fun stuff...

It's Wednesday Again! Well this week I decided to do something a little different. Since I will be gone over the weekend and through half of next week I have decided to let the Challenge run a little longer than usual. This Challenge will run until Sunday September 5th at 11:59pm PST. Now on to this weeks Challenge... The challenge is anything sport related! It can be anything! Any Project, Any Size and any color.

I created this card for my Ex-Boss (whom I LOVE) that is retiring on Friday. I can't take credit for the Idea as it was originally posted by Cricut Chick she knows that I was going to base it off of her card. I just changed the Mug and colors a little bit. Mary Ann (Retiree) is a HUGE STEELERS FAN (can you tell?) so i made her a set of note cards as a goodbye present to go along with the card.

Here is my project:
Recipe for Note Card Set:
Football Texture Paper - The Paper Company
Yellow Cardstock - Bazzill
Grey Cardstock - Recollections
White & Black Ribbon - Michael's
Steelers Logo Printed out
Argyle A2 Cuttlebug Embossing folder
Recipe for Retirement Card:
Football Texture Paper - The Paper Company
White, Black and Yellow Cardstock - Bazzill
Yellow & Black Ribbon - Michael's
Steelers Logo and Sentiment Printed out
Silver Stickles

This weeks Blog Candy is:
A Set of Cricut Markers
, Want 2 Scrap Bling & Making Memories Ribbon

Here are the rules:
1. You must be a follower
2. You must link it to Mr. Linky (if you have a problem feel free to email me I will help you link it)
3. If you don't have a Blog just email me your project at morethanfavors@gmail.com and I will link it for you
4. Leave a Comment
5. Deadline for this Challenge is 11:59pm PST Sunday September 5th (giving the West Coast a chance to get there entries in as well)
6. Most importantly HAVE FUN!!!

Happy Crafting!
Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Easy-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
For best results, use HTML mode to edit this section of the post.


12 comments:

  1. Love love love what you made! You did such a great job:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! We are a huge football family and my friend is a Steelers fan. I think I'm going to scraplift this from you (if you don't mind)

    Thanks for sharing.
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also a huge Steelers fan and I am loving this!!! I will have to decide what I will make this week, but it will more than likely be a Steeler's themed project as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Steeler's emblem on your card, where did you print it out from? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jennifer I search it in Google Images :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found your blog through a message from you on facebook. I'm so glad you sent it to me because I love making party favors etc. I'm now a follower and will be back soon. I love the gift for the friend at work retiring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute blog! I love your project, super cute! I am now a follower :-)

    Rebekah Ostrus
    craftyteachermom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the challenge (I'm going to try to participate), but I wanted to let you know I absolutely LOVE what you did!!! So creative and it's just perfect!!!!!!! TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have linked a scrapbook layout I made of my 6 yr ols playing football. It's a very simple layout but I wantde the pic to stand out!
    Love ur projectxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Paula for another fun challenge. Hopeyou had a nice week away.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Paula, love your note cards...what a great idea! Thanks for the challenge...I just linked up my entry. Having 4 active kids under age 10 made finding something sports-related to scrap easy...choosing one was the tough part! :-)

    ~Sharon C.
    http://inthebigbluehouse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete